My Blog List

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

ice breaker


I was supposed to present my ice breaker on Tuesday but we did not have class due to the weather.  I wanted to go ahead and post my ice breaker.
Scattergories
This ice breaker is called scattergories.  It is a good way to get people up and moving and interacting so they can learn more about each other.

The facilitator calls out two choices to a question.  Participants then divide themselves by joining with everyone who shared their choice.  You continue to ask as many interesting questions as you like in this fashion.

I have often used this in guidance classes when doing lessons on peer pressure.  I might call out two choices to a question, such as “Do you like Justin Bieber or not?”  Students then walk to the designated side of the room with everyone who shared their choice.  It is very interesting to see how students watch others before they make their choice.  This then leads to a discussion about how we can be influenced by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment