My Blog List

Monday, October 8, 2012

Week 7

I received good feedback from tape 1.  I would like to continue working on giving more purposeful homework and directions for the students between sessions.  I hope to continue to improve by reviewing different counseling theories.  I still have my book from Advanced Theories and I would like to review some of those theories before conducting my next individual counseling session.  Several times I have recorded sessions and have not been happy with how they turned out. I think we can be very critical of ourselves so it was very helpful to me to get positive feedback from my tape 1.  It helps me in class to listen to others share and it is extremely helpful to listen to others when they play their recorded counseling sessions.  I have been impressed with how my classmates listen and reflect on feeling and meaning during their sessions.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, feel like I need to review some of the theories. One of the most valuable benefits of this class is being able to listen to those with experience in counseling. I absorb every tip, idea, and strategy and hope to use all that I am learning in my first counseling position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mentioned giving more purposeful homework between sessions. As I have been working with my clients I have found that I have had to really pay attention to giving more measurable homework so that the client can see that he/she is making progress toward the goal.

    ReplyDelete