My Blog List

Friday, September 7, 2012

I maintain a website of my own for my school but it is not very comprehensive.  I found an elementary school counselor's website that contains many of the things I would like to include on my own website.  I liked how the website gave a summary of all of the counseling services provided.  There was a Parent Resources page as well as a Student Resources page.  The Parent Resources page provided links to articles addressing commonly asked questions by parents.  A website similar to this could easily address needs of students and parents in my school.  I provided the link to the website below.

http://www.moseslakeschools.org/webpages/jneilson/counselingforms.cfm

1 comment:

  1. I love how this website is both student and parent friendly. Your post prompted me to search for counselor webpages to get an idea of how to organize one for my first counseling position. Having a detailed website will enable you to refer parents and students to it for information on counseling programs, for providing links and resources when dealing with particular issues, and also to make the public more aware of the duties of a school guidance counselor.

    ReplyDelete