My Blog List

Thursday, September 6, 2012

I wanted to share a website I use as a resource all of the time for my guidances classes.  For my first guidance lessons of the year, I read books about Bucket Filling. We learn that being a "Bucket Filler" means showing kindness, love, and respect to others. After each guidance lesson during the school year, I give out 2 "Bucket Filler" awards.  Those go to 2 students that have been good listeners during guidance and have shown respect and kindness during the lesson.  There is a Bucket Filling website that I use for free resources.  I print my Bucket Filling certificates from this website.  It has other free resources.  You can also sign up to receive their monthly newsletter.  I have also done some shopping on the website so I have lots of Bucket Fillling items.  Many of you might have used this website but I wanted to share in case you had not.
The link is below:

http://www.bucketfillers101.com/index.php

2 comments:

  1. Julie, I don't have my first counseling job yet but I love the bucket filling books and used one of the books and the website with a dual credit Foundations of Education class I taught to seniors at my high school. It is a great way to teach character education. High school guidance counselors do not have the opportunity to teach many guidance lessons in the classrooms. I think it would be wonderful if high school counselors could incorporate more character education into their counseling program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bucket Filling website is an interesting resource for future use. I actually haven’t heard about it until now. The resources and other publications would be great to use during guidance lessons with junior high school students.

    ReplyDelete