My Blog List

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week 4

I just thought I would reflect on the past week.  I spent all of my mornings last week with McBrayer kindergarten students doing MAP testing.  The first MAP test for kindergarten students does not always give us  accurate results for reading and math because many of the students are still learning to manipulate the computer mouse.  They have headphones and the test is read to them.  It is very engaging but at this point we are still trying to get them to listen to the entire question before selecting an answer.  It's good practice for them and by the second MAP test most of them have the hang of it.

I spend the majority of my time working with kindergarten students at the beginning of the school year.  I am working with a small group on listening skills and following directions. This is above and beyond what the other students receive during regular classroom guidance lessons. I have also worked with their teacher to help develop a behavior tracking sheet for them.  They are quite a challenging little group. 

1 comment:

  1. I can not imagine trying to test kindergarten students in this manner, Just trying to wrap my head around it is boggling. It would have to me a lot like my grandmothers favorite statements when something seemed nearly impossible...Like herding cats!!

    ReplyDelete